Medford NJ Medford NJ New Jersey
Medford NJ Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Town Council Elections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> 2005 Town Council Elections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVaughan
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Town Council Elections Reply with quote

I invite the candidates for town council to discuss the issues here. I will contact them individually, and encourage each of them to make any statements that they want to make, and answer your questions here on this forum.

Republican candidates - Scott Rudder, Dave Brown, and Christopher Myers
Democratic candidates - Mike Panerella, John Montemurro, and Eric Spinner

Some of the potential issues for discussion...
- Management of Medford Township. Are you pleased with the performance of Alan Feit, and do you feel that Medford Township employees deliver a good level of services for our tax dollars? Is our government responsive to the needs of it's consituents?
- Capital Improvement projects. Can we find the money to pave the dreadful driveways at Hartford Crossing park (the dust from traffic is an unbelievable health hazard, and the ruts are outrageous)?
- Commercial Advertising on our streets. Will you eliminate signs all over Medford, and enforce our Municipal code regarding littering and handbills? Or will we let these mini billboards continue to trash Medford?
- Public Safety. What will you do to continue to improve public safety? Do you support the addition of more cameras at intersections?
- Support for our schools. How will you support improvements in our school system, or other recreational or educational improvements for the children in Medford? What improvements do you believe we need to make?
- Roads. Medford roads can be a painfully slow and frustrating place to be, and getting from Medford to Philadelphia, Moorestown, Cherry Hill, or anywhere can be very difficult. What would you plan to do to improve our roadways without decreasing safety? How can we get Burlington County and the State to provide Medford with our fair share of transportation improvement funds? Do you support the continual lowering of speed limits and the constant addition of traffic lights, or is there any possibility to reduce the paralysis associated with driving in or around Medford?

Come one, come all... please post your questions for the candidates, and I'll see if we can get some answers from them here.

- Tom Vaughan
TVaughan
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Full Disclosure Reply with quote

By the way, I am a registered Republican. HOWEVER... I am friends and neighbors with John Montemurro, and I've known him for 7 years. He and I coached baseball together in MYAA, where he was a baseball league commissioner for several years. I know Eric Spinner, as we both attended Shawnee High School back in the early 80's... although I don't believe I've seen him or spoken to him since then. I know Mike Panarella from Shawnee High School, where Mike teaches. I've spoken with him briefly on several occasions at Shawnee during school events.

I also know Steve Madosky, chairman of the Republican club of Medford, through the MYAA football primarily.

OK... there you have it... full disclosure. I can honestly say that I have no axe to grind, or grudge against any of the parties or candidates. I have no political or business affiliation with any of the candidates, and no motives here, hidden or otherwise... other than to improve transparency in our political process, and our government.
Admin010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westwood, New Jersey has a form of city government with which many and more Americans may be different. While New Jersey allows a range of forms of municipal government, the Westwood Town Council model, called as the borough form of city government, is the most and more general form of local governance used in the state. Under this town council system, the borough is served through a mayor and six borough Council members, all of whom are directly elected through the borough's voters.
Thanks& regards,
Angel anave
election equipment|
ballot boxes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> 2005 Town Council Elections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: