Medford NJ Medford NJ New Jersey
Medford NJ Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q&A with Shawnee QB and Running Back Mike Ansberry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Shawnee High School Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmaster
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Q&A with Shawnee QB and Running Back Mike Ansberry Reply with quote

From the Courier Post...
Quote:
Monday, October 9, 2006

Each week "Courier-Post' staff writer Kevin Callahan sits down with a high school athlete for a question and answer session. This week's subject is Mike Ansberry, a senior quarterback/running back for Shawnee High School.

Q: Do you have a cool nickname?

A: "Double Ones" -- my old number 11.

Q: What college are you interested in attending?

A: Drexel University.

Q: What will you major in at college?

A: Commerce and Engineering.

Q: The Rolling Stones and The Who are both touring again this fall, what legendary band would you rather see?

A: The Rolling Stones, even though Jagger is scary looking.

Q: Who is the best football player in South Jersey?

A: Mike Drake (Cherry Hill East,) he is vicious on offense and on defense.

Q: What rule would you add to football in high school?

A: No intentional grounding outside the tackle box. That rule right now makes you choose a sack or a penalty.

Q: What is your favorite high school football team not your own?

A: Seneca, I used to play baseball with those guys and they are great people to be around and they always go hard.

Q: What St. Mary's of the Lakes grade school teacher taught you the most about life?

A: Mrs. Sweeny taught me perseverance. She survived cancer and came back to school to teach and the cancer came back. Knowing what was ahead of her she still taught for a while longer. She passed away a little after that but her courage to persevere was humbling.

Q: Does your coach Tim Gushue drive a cool car?

A: He drives a GMC "Battle Tank." He is always playing college fight songs, nobody messes with him, he makes the car cool.

Q: You wear the special No. 44 for Shawnee, what does that mean to you?

A: It was Nick Garner's number before he passed away. It is a responsibility to play with character and integrity because it is his name behind the number. I am forever grateful that I was selected to wear it.

Q: Could you win "Survivor All-Star'?

A: No, I need a shower. I have enough trouble with the demon cave crickets in my basement, anyway.

Q: What is the first Web site you read each day?

A: My AP Biology Eboard to make sure I have all of my homework.

Q: Who is the biggest inspiration in school?

A: My old gym teacher Mr. Melograna inspired me to enjoy life while I have it.

Q: Could you replace Steve Irwin as the Crocodile Hunter?

A: I could wrestle crocodiles, but I would not be able to do a show on the cave crickets in my basement, they are from another planet.

Q: What CD do you listen to after every game?

A: The Pretender by Jackson Browne.

Q: Do your parents (Mark and Susan) have any cool DVDs?

A: My dad has Cool Hand Luke. I watched it once and it was instantly my favorite movie.

Q: Nicest person on the team?

A: Matt Gianotti, he's a little guy with a lion's heart, and a kind heart at that.

Q: What book would you rather read than play PlayStation?

A: The Steve Prefontaine biography.

Q: The person in history you would like to play XBox against?

A: I would play a non-violent game against Buddha, I want to hear what he would say about our world today and what we have to do.

Q: Where is the first place you will go on vacation once you start working?

A: I would go to Alaska to breathe the air and see the northern lights.

Q: Best math teacher in your school to help a sportswriter who can't get the final score right?

A: I like all of my math teachers and they are all the best, but Mrs. Williams' Pre-Cal should have an equation for that.

Q: Worst food in the cafeteria that you would only give a sportswriter who asks a dumb question?

A: I would tell you but I don't know what they call it, or if it has a name at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Shawnee High School Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: