Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Location: Medford, NJ
|Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:52 pm Post subject: Medford-NJ.com Terms of Service
|Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service
The following rules will help to make these forums a valuable service to Medford residents. They should be common sense... but are worth mentioning, just in case. Please read and abide by them.
1. You understand that the owner of Medford-NJ.com does not represent Medford Township government in any way, and that opinions expressed on this site, and in these forums, are merely the opinions of their author.
2. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
3. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
4. Violation of these terms of service may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
5. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any posting, topic or category at any time should they see fit.
6. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
8. You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to post messages in this forum. This is in compliance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
9. You agree not to hold Medford-NJ.com or its users liable for anything stated within the forums.
10. This forum system is not a venue for personal or private vendetta's. Keep your personal business between you and the other party. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with other site users, politicians, Medford Township, Medford Township employees, neighborhoods, organizations or businesses.
11. The forums are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be the sole discretion of Medford-NJ and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
12. The forums are not a platform for political campaigns. Please keep your messages focused on specific issues. Off-topic endorsements of politicians or attacks on politicians will be removed.
13. Please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Read over your response carefully before you post it. Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.
14. Nicknames that we feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed.
15. Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your postings. Please be clear as to what is your opinion, and what you are stating is factual. Please express only your own opinions. Refrain from speaking for others, unless you have the clear authority to do so, and this can be verified.
16. Because your posting may be more pertinent to another ongoing discussion, or it might spawn its own thread, it may be moved as Medford-NJ.com sees fit.
17. Before posting in a forum, please read the description for that forum. Please stay within the topic area of the forum you are posting a message in, and within any topic that another poster may have started.
18. Links to adult content, pages with links to adult content, near adult content (including model and swimsuit sites), or messages describing anything against the law will be removed as soon as possible. Any discussion of those are off topic.
19. Email excerpts of ANY type or length are not allowed on Medford-NJ.com.
20. No press releases, newsletters, web pages, or copyrighted content may be inserted into Medford-NJ.com posts. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph (4 sentences) may be used if the content is publically available on the Internet, and if the source is quoted and properly attributed. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable.
21. Periodically, Moderators of Medford-NJ.com will post comments, but they may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the site owner.
22. Don't post promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to a site that you own or are associated with. Signing your name is fine, however commercialized posts or resume signatures will be edited.
23. Signing up a user name that is a obvious domain name or product name will be removed.
24. You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message and the Medford-NJ.com webmaster.
25. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the users and moderators or policy involved.
26. Claims of action, flames, and calls to action against any company or person will be removed.
27. Messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
28. Anyone posting another person’s personal details without permission will be banned. This includes any personal information, such as their e-mail address, phone number, home address, or age. The only permitted exception is for business or government contact information.
29. When a message is placed in any forum system, you are granting a soft license to the site to use it.
30. For our part we will do our best to protect your privacy and respect your posts. We will not edit or otherwise misrepresent what you write without cause.
31. We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service from time to time without notice and retroactively.
32. If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem. It is easy to criticize… anyone can do it. Please refrain from pointing out problems without offering possible solutions or suggestions for improvement.