Medford NJ Medford NJ New Jersey
Medford NJ Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving in Medford in early '05 Need as much info possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Local Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marilena

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Moving in Medford in early '05 Need as much info possible Reply with quote

We just bought a house in Medford. We are going to be moving there in early February. We are moving from North Jersey and we are really new to the area. We also have an 8 month old boy and we would like to meet some new people. Is there a newcomers club, what things can you do with your 8 month old to meet other moms/families? I am a stay home mom as well. Also I would appreciate any info on shopping malls, supermarkets, nail salons, cleaners, butcher etc. We have no friends or family in the area however we have to move there due to my husbands job transfer in Philadelphia. We heard good things about Medford and the schools in general and we really liked the area but as you know it is always hard to move into a new area. Thank you all - I appreciate your input and help!

ML
Webmaster
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marilena,
I'll do my best to help you. Check the directory (http://www.medford-nj.com/directory.htm) for some local businesses. You might also want to call Verizon and ask them to send you a copy of the local yellow pages phone book.

There is a Moms Club of Medford and Marlton...
http://www.medford-nj.com/directory.htm

There is plenty of shopping in the area. There are many nice stores in Medford, especially along Route 70, or on Main Street or Stokes Road (Main Street becomes Stokes Road as you head south or Rt. 541 as you head north). You can also head to Rt. 73 in Marlton for the Promenade shopping center, Trader Joes, and Target. As you head south on Rt. 73 you get to Berlin, where there is a Home Depot, and a Walmart, and many other stores. Go north on Rt. 73 to get to Moorestown, where there is the Moorestown Mall and the East Gate Shopping Center. There are tons of shops along Rt. 70 as you head west, towards Cherry Hill and Philadelphia. Cherry Hill has a nice mall, and Voorhees has the Echelon Mall.

Medford is a fairly large township, so your best shopping locations might be different depending on what neighborhood you live in.

I don't think that there is a Newcomer's club in Medford. This site lists newcomers clubs in NJ... http://www.newcomersclub.com/nj.html.

The schools in Medford are terrific... some of the best in South Jersey. My children attend Memorial Middle school, and I've met many other families through school, and especially through the local athletic league (MYAA). Your child is younger, so you won't have that opportunity for a few years, but I'm sure you will be able to meet other parents and children through preschools or other activities. Medford has excellent parks, and a super recreation department. They send out a newsletter, and they list many recreational activities for different age groups. You can probably get a copy by calling the main Medford Twp. office.

Best wishes for happy holidays. I hope your move goes smoothly..

Tom Vaughan
Marilena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Moving to Medford Reply with quote

Thank you Tom for al the helpful information that you gave me. I greatly appreciate it. Happy New Year!

Marilena
weedoc
Old-Timer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Иога64.4BettBettCompМихаWalkDonaBusiКравSOCOBibeBrasWindFiskFaitOrieEXPETefaFilmизгоWhenКита
ориеMystAfefKasdWindDennPhilMAGIунивсертопуб(МИФFlorГенкDoct(ПерКлушMargElecВелиАлдосигнсерт
PhilPitoпоняCaroштамРокоSonyмореJohnпришhorrРубаРубцВыпуМоскГораCarnСмирДангПервМалиFirsКемп
RomaLoviспраCrosWindKeepВалиProtRolaВоловызыBoatJeweДмит03-0MagiEatiзамкПестISSBMichBestJerz
CosmАртичистHalfменяSideигруKreoИллюLewiJohnStefстраGigaHowaBraiKeseархиConnFranBettSingHelp
BrunспасклейSilvBrotвариFrauElecWorlавтоХолоParaRoseХудоplacДиамнаствоенUltiMystСоснсостavan
ValiFranупакдрузинстправWindКисеTOEFGrifбумаBoscCastOmniWhisкуклЮжинмарш(ДреЛитРNighСоборади
ЛитРЛитРИллюязыкАндрXVIIПращИллюШиллndowDolbКнязXVIIвечепольSunrMitcTangЛогиPlusШишоENVYИллю
НикиМареОстравтоQueeТурызнаюHollкнигХилтEnidIntrСемекнигЛетуСидоКокшУкраФормGallТойбSilvSilv
SilvatacФедеНефеInteулыбКамаNortЛукиBankувлеКоваНовиtuchkasКостФреб
weedoc
Old-Timer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Medford NJ New Jersey Forum Index -> Local Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: